Online Nutrition Education & Recipes
Check out these tips and courses for healthy eating and being active from the American Diabetes Association, USDA and CalFresh Healthy Living.
- Eat Good to Feel Good
- The Recipe Hub
- CalFresh Healthy Living
- Eat Fresh Mini Course-Learn how to eat for health, save money on groceries and cook easy tasty meals.
Want To Know More?
Think you may be at risk for developing type 2 diabetes? There’s no better time to turn things around. Take the risk test below and talk to your doctor. These tools can help you figure out the next steps for you.
What Does A1C Mean?
With this blood test, your doctor can identify prediabetes, or diagnose type 1 or type 2 diabetes. The test can also measure your average blood sugar over the past 2 to 3 months. Talk to your doctor to decide if this test is right for you.
What Is BMI?
Are you wondering if you should lose weight? Body Mass Index (BMI) is a simple calculation based on your weight and height. Check out this tool from the American Diabetes Association.
Resources And Information
- NorCal 2-1-1 Prevent Diabetes
- American Diabetes Association
- CDC-Prevent Type 2 Diabetes
- Local Diabetes Data Maps
- Healthy Shasta-How to Eat Healthy and Stay Active in Shasta County
- Shasta Regional Medical Center-Health and Wellness
- Diabetes and Coronavirus
- Watch now- The Obesity Crisis and Diabetes
- ACES and Diabetes Risk
- 2020-2025 Dietary Guidelines
Walking Groups And Exercise
- Healthy Shasta Walks
- Sit and Be Fit-YouTube exercise videos
- Sit and Be Fit airs on KIXE Channel 9 at 1pm, Monday-Friday.
- Move to feel better
- Fun with Senior Fitness Classes
Find Local Classes
Shasta Community Health Center - Health Education Programs
Diabetes Prevention Program - Shasta Family YMCA
Dignity Health-Mercy Medical Center Redding
Weight Watchers - Prevent Diabetes
Take off Pounds Sensibly - Prevent Diabetes